This page is created to be a tool for the Jersey Shore Homeschool Co-op for the calendar year of 2017-2018.
To view the class schedule for Fall 2017, click here.
Our desire is to eventually move this page to its own site that will both connect to this page and be its own site to give us increased capability to add more tools for our students, teachers and families. We already purchased the url www.JerseyShoreCoop.com and we are currently writing the content for the page. We will let you know when it is live, but right now it requires both time and money- two things that we do not have much of.
There is a reason behind choosing that name, a reason that I would love to share with you in the future. The most basic reason is that it helps people know that it we are a regional work that would love to assist families from various zip codes in Ocean and Monmouth County as homeschool education continues to grow as an increasingly more viable option for many families.
To sign up for the Co-op or to access important information in the future, please click here.
The Planning Center Tool that is linked above is capable of so much more than being a simple registration tool. It is capable of serving as a directory, a forum for teachers and parents to communicate with each other, and a place to provide homework, study sheets, important documents, or permission slips.
Click here for an example of a ministry that utilizes many aspects of this valuable tool and how we would like use this page in the future. I use this page as an example because we also are building this into its own page- www.RedeemerBrick.com and www.JSCPN.com. So now, it serves as an info page but will also be able to redirect people to a site with much more information.
To Get Started, simply:
- Follow the "Sign up" Link above and sign onto Planning Center. Or just click right here.
- Download and sign the waver which can be accessed on planning center here.
- The waver clearly states that this ministry is under the oversight of the elders of Redeemer Fellowship. To learn what this means more clearly, in terms of our theology and style of leadership (plurality of eldership) please check out the Redeemer Constitution which can be found right here: Constitution of Redeemer Fellowship . Aside from all of the boring stuff, the constitution also ensures that nobody teaches in a manner that is contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ or Sound Doctrine.
- The constitution also lays out the code of conduct for the students and those involved in the co-op. We know that nobody other than your typical run-of-the-mill Pharisee enjoys a list of rules, but these are here for our safety and to ensure, to the best of our ability, that we have an environment that is healthy and safe as well as spiritually nurturing for all involved. So you don't have to scan through the whole thing (unless you really want to), the most relevant pages are on pages 17-18.
- We will have a calendar and additional student/family resources available in planning center along with a password-protected directory in the near future.
*As of 9/6 registration is now closed for Nursury Aged through 5th Grade as we have reached capacity