Embodying a New Creation
Topic: Christian Growth Scripture: Ephesians 1:1–1:2
To watch the video stream from Sunday's service click HERE
Community Group Questions:Engage Yourself:
- How do you describe yourself to others and to yourself? In what ways do those descriptions affect you?
- What stories shape your life?
Engage the Text:
- Ephesians 1:1 describes the recipients of this letter as “saints” and “faithful”. What does holiness and faithfulness look like for the church on the Jersey Shore, and how can you practice this with your community group?
- The phrase “in Christ” appears throughout the letter. Read through Ephesians 1:3-14, 2:6, 7; Romans 6:11, 23; 8:1-2 – what are some of the benefits of being “in Christ”, and what about them serves as an encouragement for you?
Engage your Neighbor:
- How has our unity in Christ affected your relationships with other Christians?
- If uniting all things in Christ is one of the primary goals of God, how have you stood against that in your walk with Jesus, and what are some ways where you can be used by God to further this mission?