Community Group Questions:
- This passage talks about how we have been freed from sin through the blood of Christ. Share your story with your community group of how God saved you.
- What are some areas where you don’t necessarily feel liberated from your sin? Ask your community group to pray for you and come alongside you as you seek to walk in holiness.
Engage the Text:
- V. 4 talks about us being “chosen” from before the foundations of the world. Read through the rest of v. 4. What are the implications of being one of God’s chosen?
- V. 8 talks about how God “lavished” his grace on us. Talk through what you think that might mean, and think of times where you have felt the grace of God lavished upon you?
Engage your Neighbor:
- Ephesians is about unity, and Ephesians 1:10 serves as one of the primary themes of the book. With whom are you currently experiencing disunity? What practical steps can you take toward them?
- Who are some people in your life who have not yet experienced the grace of God? Pray for them with your community group, and brainstorm how you can engage them with the good news of Jesus.