A Path for the Age to Come
Topic: Church Membership Scripture: Ephesians 2:1–2:10
Community Group Questions:
- In what ways do you find yourself more aligned with the old age rather than the new? Confess that to one another and try to figure out how you arrived there.
- In what ways are you “walking in the good works that God prepared beforehand”? Share these stories of God’s grace with your community group.
Engage the Text:
- In v.v. 5, 6, Paul talks about both Jew and Gentile being made alive, raised and seated together with Christ.
- What need might this passage be uncovering for humanity?
- Who might be regarded as the “Jews” and “Gentiles” in our own context where reconciliation might be needed?
- v. 8-9 talk about our salvation. What about our salvation being a gift most resonates with you?
- Identify places in the passage that indicate some sort of purpose or goal. What words served as clues, and how might keeping an eye on these types of words help you as you read your bible?
Engage your Neighbor:
- This passage calls Christians to be unified. With what groups might this be uncomfortable? Discuss why and talk through how you might be able to overcome some of those discomforts.
- What sort of “good works” are right in front of you that you can begin walking in both individually and as a community group?