The Pressure of Faithfulness
October 18, 2020 Speaker: Jonathan Sgalambro Series: To Those Who Conquer
Topic: Faithfulness, Faith, Suffering Scripture: Revelation 2:8–11
Check The Bible Project's video on "testing"
Community Group Questions:
- Describe a time when you were in the minority. What did that feel like? How did you respond?
- What about Jesus’ call to faithfulness in this passage is most difficult for you?
Engage the Text:
- 10 talks about testing. Take a minute to watch the Bible Project’s video on testing. What about God’s testing is for our good, and what are some ways you could embrace this in your own life?
- As we talked about on Sunday, the term “tribulation” can be likened to “pressure”. What sort of pressures have you experienced because of your faith? How has that pressure caused you to draw nearer to Christ?
Engage your Neighbor:
- What might faithfulness look like in your own efforts to proclaim the good news of Jesus to your unsaved friends and family members?
- Name and pray for those in your life who do not know Jesus. Consider inviting them out on a Sunday.
More in To Those Who Conquer
November 22, 2020Powerless, Yet Standing
November 15, 2020A Seat in Heaven
November 8, 2020Clothed in White