What is the Church?
Topic: Church Membership Scripture: 1 Peter 2:9–2:10
Community Group Questions:
- How have you felt let down by the church, and what steps have you taken to work through those disappointments?
- In what ways has the church come alongside you? What was that like for you?
Engage the Text:
- Read through Deuteronomy 7:7-8 and 1 John 4:19. What about these verses bring you comfort and hope?
- Read through 1 Peter 1:13-16. Why do you think it is so important for the church to be holy?
- Read Matthew 28:19 and Revelation 7:9. What about these verses strike you as important, especially in light of some of the nationalism seeping into the American church?
Engage your Neighbor:
- What are some tangible ways the church can live out it’s calling, to love God and neighbor, right here in Toms River, and how might our call to holiness and the universal nature of the Gospel impact that calling?
- Spend some time praying for those who do not yet know Jesus.
More in Rooted: Grounded in the Foundations of the Faith
January 24, 2021What is a Church Member?
January 10, 2021Of First Importance
January 3, 2021Life from Death: The Cross-Shaped Mission of the Church