All That He Began to Do and Teach
Community Group Questions:
- What is it about being a “witness” that makes you nervous?
- Do you ever find yourself growing fearful or anxious over “prophecies” about the end of the world (cf. 1:6, 7)? Where are you hearing these things from, and what about them are so disturbing for you?
Engage the Text:
- Acts 1:1 reminds readers that the Gospel of Luke was about everything “that Jesus began to do and teach”. What might that imply about Jesus’ role in the book of Acts, and more so, His role in the life of the church today?
- Acts 1:4 talks about Jesus commanding His disciples to “wait for the promise of the Father”. What is it about waiting that can cause frustration? What are some things that God promises us that might help us as we wait for whatever it is that he has for us?
Engage your Neighbor:
- If you had to identify your own personal Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth, who would be in those circles, and how can you creatively and thoughtfully engage them with the Good News of Jesus?
- What might being a “witness” look like for you during this season?
Engage your Family: Have you ever felt uncomfortable or weird because you believe in Jesus? Why do you think that is? When and with whom do you experience that most?