Providence and Pain
Main Point: God’s providence allows us to view tragedy and pain from a heavenly perspective, driving us to pray and wait in hope, knowing that He is moving creation toward glory!
Community Group Questions:
- Engage Yourselves:
- Where have you most felt the need for the presence of God’s people over this past year? Have you sought after it? If not, what is stopping you?
- Have you ever experienced something random or devastating that ended up turning out for your good? Explain.
- Engage the Text:
- Matthias is never spoken of again in the book of Acts. What about his absence might be encouraging for you as a follower of Jesus?
- 17 talks about how Judas “was numbered among us and was allotted his share in this ministry”. What about this makes his betrayal that much more painful, and using your sanctified imagination, what do you think was going through Peter’s mind as he spoke those words?
- Engage your Neighbor:
- This passage talks about how the disciples were “devoted to prayer”. How does prayer factor into your life as a “faithful witness” and evangelist?
- Spend time praying for those in your life who do not yet know King Jesus.
- Engage your Family:
- Have you ever been made fun of by one of your friends? How did that make you feel? How did you respond?
More in Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
August 8, 2021To the Ends of the Earth: The Path of the Faithful Witness
August 1, 2021Same Game, Different Names, Same Message
July 25, 2021Paul Begins His Odyssey