Rejoice in Your Suffering
March 21, 2021 Speaker: Jonathan Sgalambro Series: Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
Topic: Hope, Resurrection Scripture: Acts 5:17–42
Community Group Questions:
- Engage Yourselves:
- Do you ever struggle with doubts about your faith? In what ways does the story of the Apostle's provide comfort and hope, especially when it comes to the resurrection?
- The religious leaders respond harshly to the Apostles because they were losing what was most important to them. Have you ever experienced this? How did you respond? How could you have responded better?
- Engage the Text:
- Read through the passage. What are some things that stand out to you? Why are they significant to you?
- Peter responds to the religious leaders in v.v. 29-32. Why do you suppose he is able to speak with such confidence, and what is he implying when he says that “the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey him”?
- Engage your Neighbors:
- What about this text gives you confidence when it comes to evangelism?
- Have you ever experienced backlash because you were proclaiming the Good News of Jesus? How did you engage that conflict, and would you do it differently if you had the chance? Explain.
- Engage your Family:
- Ask your kids why they think Jesus rising from the dead is such a big deal.
- Talk about how when Jesus rose from the dead, he crushed death. Explain that Jesus wins and that death no longer has power over us!
More in Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
August 8, 2021To the Ends of the Earth: The Path of the Faithful Witness
August 1, 2021Same Game, Different Names, Same Message
July 25, 2021Paul Begins His Odyssey