It is our hope that this page provides you with one place for all of your needs regarding Sunday Worship, Worship Lyrics, Sermon Texts, Links to worship through Online Giving, links to benevolce to help those in our community who are struggling, Community Group Questions, Goings-on throughout the week and much more as we continue to seek wisdom from above on how to best lead and feed the body, keep us connected and to encourage to share together in the life of Christ by loving God and loving neighbor...
It is our prayer that this sight serves you well.
Your Pastors at Redeemer Fellowship
To prepare for the service:
- Follow along with the service either on YouTube above or by following the link up at 10AM on Facebook
- No need to scroll down or navigate between pages for song lyrics any longer- they are right on the stream.
- If you would like to follow along with the text click HERE
- To worship the Lord through the giving of tithes and offerings, click HERE
- Please feel free to comment on the stream thread on either platform. This helps promote community in a time when we are so disconnected. Also PLEASE share any needs or prayer requests
- Pray. Either by yourself or if you are with people. But pray for your heart as you engage, the time of worship as you participate and that the reality of the Resurrected King would fill our hearts with wonder and amazement all over again as we worship together-separately
Order of Service: We have been having some issues with uploading files, so we are going to begin on Facebook Live at 10AM and then Pastor Eric will walk us through how to engage the worship service together.
The easiest way to follow along will be to click HERE and simply allow the YouTube Playlist to run continually into the next video
- Pastoral welcome- Pastor Eric Loyer (one Facebook Live at 10AM) CLICK HERE
- Worship in Song- Pete and Tara Larosa
- Sermon- Pastor Jonanthan- Ephesians 5:21-6:9 "The Politics of the New Humanity"
- Reflection questions- Community Group Questions posted below
- Final song of worship
Community Group Questions for 5/31/20 Sermon Title: The Politics of the New Humanity
- What about the sermon was most challenging for you personally?
- In what ways have you experienced a hurtful use of power as opposed to a godly use?
- Ephesians 5:32 talks about the mystery referring to Christ and the church. What mystery is he talking about, and how does this affect the main point of the passage?
- Ephesians 6:9 talks about there being “no partiality” with God. Where might partiality show up in the church, and how can we work toward combatting this?
- We talked about some difficult things this morning, as it relates to race in our country. What about this topic is uncomfortable?
- What are some small steps, both individually and corporately, we can take to bridge racial divides in our own communities?
Special Announcements for Week of 5/31/20
- Redeemer Recovery is our first ministry that is going to attempt to meet live and in person. They will be meeting in the parking lot of the church at their usual meeting time this Monday.
- If you or someone that you know is struggling to get by during these difficult times when so many are unemployed or underemployed, please follow the link to our Benevolence Ministry. We are here to help. If you need help, please ask by clicking HERE
- Pastoral email below...
This week, due to how recent changes to NJ restrictions and the impact it will have on corporate worship- With the switftness that the news cycle is impacting things that are very real and not just theoretical, such as meeting regulations, easing of restrictions, and resultant health issues or any number of things that we do not know how to predict from one day to the next and do not want to be a part of the social media frenzy of "Being first to post the next right thing" but would prefer to be slower to speach and quicker to listen and process before adding to the social noise, we will simply be putting all updates on this page and then linking the page to socal media outlets to keep all of the information worded consistently and to prevent confusion.
This week's email to the congregation
Hey Redeemer Family,
Between hitting 100,000 COVID deaths and the killing of George Floyd, this has been a difficult week. In times like these, the Scriptures provide us with words that speak to the pain and lament we are all experiencing. We cry out with the psalmist:
"How long, O LORD?
Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?"
- Psalm 13:1-2
We cry out because the world is not as it should be. We cry out because the curse still has its grip on the good creation God entrusted us with. We cry out because words escape us. But we also cry out because we know the hope we possess in Christ Jesus, and it is that hope that we must cling to. Please continue to pray for the brokenness of our world, and please pray for the family of George Floyd.
As we come together this Sunday, we will be looking at Ephesians 5:22-6:9. This portion of Scripture is known as the household codes, and what we find in them is a path of humility, love and impartiality that provides a picture of what God is like. Everything you will need for our time on Sunday can be accessed here. In addition to Sunday service information, you can also access our online giving platform through the Sunday Service page, or you can click here to give online.
In addition to our Sunday morning service, we are continuing to meet for prayer and devotions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at noon on Facebook Live, where we are working through 2 Peter together. This coming Saturday morning is our men's time, where Pastor Lee will be leading us in a time of devotions. That starts at 9am, and if you should have received an invite via email. We also have an opportunity to provide for a local food drive that is taking place here in Toms River, please see the photo below with all the information. Also, the annual FCA celebration is this coming Sunday. This will take place virtually, and you can access that information here.
Finally, with the many restrictions still in place for larger gatherings, we will be focusing our energy on Community Groups in the upcoming weeks. The time together (virtually) was encouraging and helpful, as a spirit of unity was felt throughout the meeting. At some point in the next week, your community group leader will be reaching out to you to talk about what meeting together in smaller groups could possibly look like as restrictions begin to ease up.
Redeemer, we love and miss all of you, and we are continuing to pray for us all as we move through this season together.
Grace and Peace,
"Regular" weekly happenings: Note- some of these are going to be changing to be live and in person over the next week or two, so please check back so we can see when some of these online opportunities will be slowly and safely changing from virtual to real-and-in-person fellowship:
1. Monday, Wednesday, Friday prayer and bible study- We have been connecting as a body via Facebook Live every Monday, Wednesday, Friday from Noon until 12:30. We are walking little by little through the book of 1 Peter and then we have an interactive time to pray and share prayer needs. This has been an INCREDIBLE BLESSING so far and we encourage you to check it out if you have the chance.
You can get to the Facebook Page and access Facebook Live by clicking HERE
2. Community Groups have been meeting virtually via Zoom. If you are in a community group and have not yet been sent an invitation please connect with your community group leader to make sure that you are on the email list.
If you are not yet in a community group but would like to be a part of one you can learn more about that by clicking HERE
3. Redeemer Youth- Redeemer Youth ministry has been finding all sorts of creative ways to stay connected. They have a virtual game night on Tuesday nights and we are going to hold a more "regular" Youth Group discussion time via Zoom on Thursdays and are having some other fun ways to keep the teens interacting. It's been cool to see.
If you have any questions or want to get in on the the upcoming opportunities click HERE
4. Redeemer Recovery is meeting in the parking lot of the church this week.
If you have any questions or want to get involved with an upcoming recovery meeting, click HERE
6. You can continue to worship the Lord through your tithes and offerings by accessing the online-giving by clicking HERE