A Mighty Rushing Wind
February 21, 2021 Speaker: Jonathan Sgalambro Series: Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
Topic: Mission, Evangelism Scripture: Acts 2:1–41
Community Group Questions:
- Engage Yourselves:
- Describe a time when you were seen as crazy because of a faith-based decision. What was that like for you?
- What is an area in your life where you feel like God is calling you to repent? How can your community group come alongside you in that?
- Engage the Text:
- In v.v. 23 and 36 Peter is talking to the Jewish people stating that “you crucified and killed” Jesus. Why do you suppose he blames the Jewish people when it was Rome who drove the nails into Jesus' hands and feet?
- Read through the passage aloud with your community group. What words or phrases stand out that are most encouraging? Most challenging? Explain.
- Engage your Neighbor:
- What are some ways you can you live out your faith publicly so that others are drawn to at least ask about it?
- What is it about this text that might lead to an excitement about mission and evangelism?
- Engage your Family:
- With your children, discuss what it means to repent of sin.
- Ask them if there’s anything they might need God’s forgiveness for.
More in Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
August 8, 2021To the Ends of the Earth: The Path of the Faithful Witness
August 1, 2021Same Game, Different Names, Same Message
July 25, 2021Paul Begins His Odyssey