A Warning to the People
Community Group Questions:
- Engage Yourselves:
- What about this story was most convicting for you? Explain.
- Have you ever felt the need to “perform” as a follower of Jesus? What was driving that feeling? How did the “performance” leave you feeling?
- Engage the Text:
- In v. 3 it says that Ananias “lied to the Holy Spirit”. Why do you think Peter puts it this way, even though it seems he was lying to the apostles and the rest of the church?
- What are some other instances in the Bible where God appears to act harshly toward people? What might be the purpose for his seemingly swift and harsh judgments?
- Engage your Neighbor:
- In what way does holiness and sacrificial living adorn or beautify the message of the Gospel?
- What are some tangible steps you can take toward your neighbors and those who do not know Christ?
- Engage your Family:
- Ananias and Sapphira pretended to be something they weren’t. Have you ever been tempted to make yourself look better than you were? Why is that a temptation?
- How can you fight the temptation to lie and make yourself look better?
More in Faithful Witnesses: A Study in the Book of Acts
August 8, 2021To the Ends of the Earth: The Path of the Faithful Witness
August 1, 2021Same Game, Different Names, Same Message
July 25, 2021Paul Begins His Odyssey