A Taste from the Tree of Life
Scripture: Revelation 2:1–7
Community Group Questions:
- What excited you most when you first became a Christian? In what ways has that excitement faded, and why do you think that is?
- Describe a time when you were on the receiving end of truth devoid of love. What was that experience like?
Engage the Text:
- Read v. 5. What about this verse is most sobering, and what might repentance look like for someone struggling in this area?
- 1 talks about “golden lampstands”. This is the same word used in Matt. 5:15; Mk. 4:21; Lk. 8:16 and 11:33. What about its usage in Revelation might be significant in light of these other verses?
Engage your Neighbor:
- Describe a time when a commitment to truth kept you from engaging a non-Christian neighbor. How could you have navigated that situation differently?
- What might remembering “the love you had at first” look like for you, specifically as it relates to others?