A Taste from the Tree of Life
Scripture: Revelation 2:1–2:7
Community Group Questions:
- What excited you most when you first became a Christian? In what ways has that excitement faded, and why do you think that is?
- Describe a time when you were on the receiving end of truth devoid of love. What was that experience like?
Engage the Text:
- Read v. 5. What about this verse is most sobering, and what might repentance look like for someone struggling in this area?
- 1 talks about “golden lampstands”. This is the same word used in Matt. 5:15; Mk. 4:21; Lk. 8:16 and 11:33. What about its usage in Revelation might be significant in light of these other verses?
Engage your Neighbor:
- Describe a time when a commitment to truth kept you from engaging a non-Christian neighbor. How could you have navigated that situation differently?
- What might remembering “the love you had at first” look like for you, specifically as it relates to others?
More in To Those Who Conquer
October 18, 2020The Pressure of Faithfulness